Thursday 19 January 2012

How many more chances do I need???

Either I'm just really unlucky, or there's something that Tony and Arfon aren't telling me about catching Short-eared Owls!

While out at my site near Llanerfyl, trying to catch Woodcock and Golden Plover I stumbled across another Shortie (must have had 20+ sightings this winter while out dazzling!!) hunting along the top ridge of the field, unbelievably it flew straight down the beam! Just as I was about to 'pluck' it out of the air it veered off and never came back again, B#####KS!!

On the plus side, I did manage to catch 2 out of 2 Golden Plovers and 3 out of 7 Woodcock. Best catch up there for a long time.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.