Sunday 23 October 2011

Talk of the Devil!

I must be psychic! In the last post I referred to foreign-ringed Golden Plovers being few and far between. Amazingly I just nipped out for a quick lamp around the fields at Bwlch-y-Sarnau tonight and caught another, this time with a Belgian ring on!


Oddly it was on its own in a field where I often catch the odd woodcock but don't usually see any goldies, very nearly missed it too!  There have only been 3 previous records of Belgian-ringed Golden Plovers in Britain and Ireland and only 168 foreign-ringed GP's reported ever so as I said before, pretty rewarding.  Will post a map of the movement when I get the ringing details back. Also caught a woodcock and two fieldfares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.