Tuesday 18 October 2011

Just 5 more paces..!!!!!

After last nights success I decided to take another trip up to the 'hill'. Sadly there were no way near as many birds up there so I was fairly pleased with catching 1Golden Plover, 1 Snipe and 1 Wheatear.



Until a Short-eared Owl sat down infront of me and allowed me to get within 5 paces of it before taking off and disappearing, only to come back again hover by me (just out of the reach of my net)!! This continued to happen on and off for around half an hour, then the batteries decided to give up on me!!! I will be going back.

So close..........

1 comment:

  1. Hard luck mate, had a fly-past myself the other night near Dolfor, also just out of reach! Lots of reports at Observatories so must be a fair few around. No doubt your paths will cross one night, just make sure you've got your camera!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.