Friday 27 April 2012

New arrivals


Saw my first young Choughs of the year today at the only remaining inland site in Mid-Wales. I am particularly glad to see them hatch this year as the site made an unwelcome appearance, by name, on a local bird blog recently and I feared the worst. I ringed my first Choughs at this site back in 1987 and have ringed broods here nearly every year since as part of the Cross & Stratford Welsh Chough Project.  Makes you more than a bit protective! Hopefully I'll be able to post an update in about three weeks time when this year's young get their own individual colour combinations.


Not the best of photos but 2 seconds after I took this I fell off the wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.