Monday 1 July 2013

Falcon Fantastic!

At the moment I'm madly dashing around trying to ring various raptor pulli as part of our Welsh Kite Trust wider raptor studies. Yesterday, Jane and I scored a Falcon hat-trick. First was a brood of six Kestrels in one of my Chough nestboxes on the coast near Aberystwyth.


Next we ringed a brood of two Merlins in the hills above Tregaron.


Photo taken last week when I originally found the nest but the chicks were too small to ring.

Finally, after checking a couple of failed Merlin and Kestrel nests,  we finished by ringing two out of a brood of three Peregrines near Plynlimon, the first brood to be raised here for many years (the eldest chick was out of the nest already)  - no pics available though I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.